The Forum organises regular seminars and conferences inviting key figures from national governments, international organisations, law firms and academia to address Forum Members on selected topics. There are also two public conferences each year.
In addition to public events listed below the Forum also holds Members-only events. Forum Members are warmly encouraged to suggest topics and/or speakers for future events.
View our ITF Event Guidelines
Forthcoming Investment Treaty Forum Events
- 11 May 2018 Thirtieth ITF Public Conference: Enforcement in International Investment Law
- 1 June 2018 ITF Meeting: Ethics and the Rule of Law in Investment Arbitration
Recent Investment Treaty Forum Events
- 8 March 2018 ITF Meeting: General Principles of Law in Investment Arbitration, and the Hierarchy of Norms under International Law
- 25 January 2018 ITF Meeting: The ne ultra petita principle and investment treaty arbitration
- 1 November 2017 ITF Meeting: The Future of Investment Arbitration: Have We Reached a High Water Mark?
- 23 November 2017 The standard of review of national court decisions by investment tribunals
- 20 October 2017 Twenty Ninth ITF Public Conference: Treaty Law Issues in International Investment Law
- 8 June 2017 Difficult Issues in Commercial, Investor-State, and State-State Dispute Resolution: Differences and Commonalities
- 12 May 2017 Twenty Eighth ITF Public Conference: Economic Crime and International Investment Law
- 28 March 2017 The History of International Investment Law: A Conversation with Antonio Parra and Christoph Schreuer
- 15 November 2016 Investment Arbitration Strategy - Pragmatic Moves and Manoeuvres
- 27 October 2016 Twenty-seventh ITF Public Conference: Current Developments in Valuation & Quantum in Investor-State Arbitration
- 19 May 2016 Twenty-sixth ITF Public Conference: The Role of Proportionality in International Investment Law
- 18 September 2015 Twenty-fifth ITF Public Conference: The ICSID at 50
- 8 May 2015 Twenty-fourth ITF Public Conference: The European Union's Investment Treaties in Global Context
- 22 April 2015 Investment Treaty Forum Special Conference: Current Issues in Valuation & Quantum in Investor-State Arbitration
- 12 September 2014 23rd Investment Treaty Forum Public Meeting: "Can International Investment Law be Restated? Or is Jurisprudence Constante the El Dorado of Investment Treaty Lawyers?"
- 8 May 2014 Investment Treaty Forum: 22nd Public Conference: Investor-State Arbitration and Beyond
- 20 March 2014 Investment Treaty Forum and UNCITRAL Seminar
- 6 March 2014 Investment Treaty Forum Meeting (Paris): Legitimate Expectations in Investor-State Arbitration: A Complex and Multi-faceted Concept