Challenges to and removal of arbitrators in context are becoming more commonplace in investor-state dispute settlement. The parties brought a record number of challenges in the last few years.
The Investment Treaty Forum is convening an online meeting to discuss practical issues and difficulties that arise in the context of appointment and removal of arbitrators.
The event will gather representatives of states, arbitrators, arbitral institutions, other members of the Investment Treaty Forum and members of the public. The panellists will discuss the current situation in the field, the common rules applicable to the appointment of tribunals and concerns about the current mechanisms expressed by States and other stakeholders.
The participants will discuss:
- Views and concerns about the current system from the state's perspective;
- Proposals for change - standing mechanism for appointment of ISDS tribunal members;
- The draft code of conduct for adjudicators in ISDS tribunals.
- Chloe Carswell, Reed Smith, London
- Serhat Eskiyörük, Republic of Turkey Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, Ankara
- Shreyas Jayasimha, Aarna Law, Bengaluru
- Garth Schofield, Permanent Court of Arbitration, the Hague
Event convened by Prof Yarik Kryvoi, Senior Research Fellow in International Economic Law & Director of the Investment Treaty Forum, BIICL.
Pricing and Registration
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Join in the conversation @BIICL #ITFlaw #ISDS #ICSID
This event offers the equivalent of 2 CPD hours.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Photography and Recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in video or photographs, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event.
Event Cancellation Policy
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our event cancellation policy.