ITF Members and Membership
The Investment Treaty Forum's strength lies in its membership, which is drawn from as wide a range of backgrounds as possible.
Members meet regularly (typically 6-7 times each year) to discuss topical issues and, where appropriate, to develop views on issues of concern to governments and decision-makers.
Benefits of Membership
Key benefits for ITF members include:
- The right to participate in an independently-run Forum, including free entry to all ITF meetings and conferences
- A direct influence on the agenda of Forum meetings and the opportunity to recommend events, speakers and topics for debate
- The opportunity to suggest research or other work to be carried out by the Forum staff
- Access to a members-only section of the website with various materials related to investment treaty law
All Forum members also receive the following benefits: electronic access to the ICLQ; 40% discount on publications; one free place per organisation at any standard BIICL evening event; and BIICL member rate for other public Institute events.
Conditions of Membership
Forum membership is limited by invitation only, to ensure the highest quality in its plenary discussions. To guarantee continuity, and manageability of debate, membership is for named individuals only. However, at the time of joining, members may nominate a senior colleague to represent them on those occasions when they are unable to attend meetings.
Membership of the ITF is available at the following annual rates (exclusive of VAT):
- Corporate membership: £2,950
- Individuals: £750.
The Forum membership is by invitation only. For more information on ITF membership please contact Professor Yarik Kryvoi.
Investment Treaty Forum members include some of the most expert and experienced lawyers, academics and government officials and international civil servants working on international investment law.
Current members of the Investment Treaty Forum are listed below. The Forum membership is by invitation only. If you would like further details on how to become a member of the Forum, please contact Professor Yarik Kryvoi.
- Allen & Overy LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Clifford Chance LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- DLA Piper LLP
- Eversheds Sutherland LLP
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
- Hogan Lovells LLP
- Jones Day LLP
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Linklaters LLP
- Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå AB
- Reed Smith LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Three Crowns LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Volterra Fietta
- White & Case LLP
- WilmerHale LLP
- Withers LLP
- Prof Nicolas Angelet, Université libre de Bruxelles, Brussels
- Thayananthan Baskaran, Baskaran, Kuala Lumpur
- Sir Franklin Berman QC, Essex Court Chambers, London
- Prof Andrea Bjorklund, McGill University, Montreal
- Dr Tillmann Rudolf Braun, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs & Humboldt University of Berlin
- Stuart Dutson, Simmons & Simmons, London
- Ike Ehiribe, 7 Stones Chambers, London
- Raed Fathallah, Bredin Prat, Paris
- Dr Gavan Griffith QC, Essex Court Chambers, London
- Robert Hunter, Chambers of Robert Hunter, London
- Inga Martinkute, MMSP, Vilnius
- Professor Matthew Happold, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Dr Jean Ho, National University of Singapore
- Dr Tomoko Ishikawa, Nagoya University, Nagoya
- Jean Kalicki, Independent Arbitrator, Washington, D.C.
- Prof Mark Kantor, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C.
- Dr Sabine Konrad, McDermott Will & Emery, Frankfurt a. M.
- Prof A Vaughan Lowe, All Souls College Oxford and Essex Court Chambers
- Loretta Malintoppi, 39 Essex Chambers, London
- Prof Emeritus Maurice Mendelson QC, Blackstone Chambers, London
- David A. Pawlak, David A. Pawlak LLC, Warsaw & Washington, D.C.
- Anthony Sinclair, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP, London
- Can Yeginsu, 4 New Square, London
Consultative Forum Members
- The Energy Charter Secretariat
- General Attorney´s Office, the Kingdom of Spain
- The International Institute for Sustainable Development
- The Legal Office for International Trade Law, Ministry of Economy, Government of Mexico
- Ministry of Finance of the Czech Republic
- The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
- The Permanent Court of Arbitration
- The Permanent Representation of the Slovak Republic to the European Union
- State Chancellery of Latvia
- Trade Law Bureau, Government of Canada
- Treasury Legal Advisers, Government Legal Department, United Kingdom
- The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
- The United Kingdom Department for International Trade
- The United Kingdom Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Professor Jansen Calamita, National University of Singapore (former ITF director)
- Professor James Crawford SC, FBA, University of Cambridge and International Court of Justice
- Norah Gallagher, Queen Mary University of London (former ITF director)
- Judge Christopher Greenwood QC, International Court of Justice
- Professor Loukas Mistelis, Queen Mary University of London
- Professor Peter Muchlinski, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London
- Dr Federico Ortino, School of Law, King's College London (former ITF Director)
- Dr Antonio Parra, Visiting Professor, University College London and former Deputy Secretary-General, International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes
- Dr Karl P Sauvant, Columbia University Law School
- Professor Christoph Schreuer, University of Vienna
- Judge Stephen M. Schwebel, Essex Court Chambers
- Professor M Sornarajah, National University of Singapore