BIICL and its Bingham Centre for the Rule of Law both engage in research-related and practical training and development activities.
Examples of recent activities include a range of intensive short courses which run twice a year:
- Public International Law in Practice (2 days): 'A great introduction to many aspects of international law with very knowledgeable speakers and an engaging format'.
- The Rule of Law: from principles to practice ( 1 day): 'Fine intro to the rule of law key issues'.
- Cross Border Dispute Resolution (2 days): 'I thoroughly enjoyed the course and learnt lots'.
We also provide high quality in-house training for individual groups . Recent examples include:
- A one day Cross Border Dispute Resolution course for students from ONO College, Israel;
- Seminars on Public International Law Issues before the Courts for the Judicial College of England and Wales;
- Training in Business and Human Rights for new entrepreneurs in Sudan, funded by the British Council;
- Training for over 80 Bulgarian national and appellate level judges for the European Commission;
- A series of training courses on human rights and the rule of law for commercial judges in Russia, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office; and
- A Bingham Centre capacity-building project to provide training materials and information to support constitutional change in Libya in partnership with Lawyers for Justice in Libya.
To discuss your training and development needs, please contact:
Patricia Ambrose, Deputy Director at BIICL.
The 56th London-Leiden Meeting...
Find out how you can help us address some of the most pressing global challenges.