BIICL and its Bingham Centre for the Rule of Law both engage in research-related and practical training and development activities.
Upcoming short course
27-28 September 2018 - Public International Law in Practice
Examples of recent activities include a range of intensive short courses which run twice a year:
- Public International Law in Practice (2 days): 'A great introduction to many aspects of international law with very knowledgeable speakers and an engaging format'.
- The Rule of Law: from principles to practice ( 1 day): 'Fine intro to the rule of law key issues'.
- Cross Border Dispute Resolution (2 days): 'I thoroughly enjoyed the course and learnt lots'.
We also provide high quality in-house training for individual groups . Recent examples include:
- A one day Cross Border Dispute Resolution course for students from ONO College, Israel;
- Seminars on Public International Law Issues before the Courts for the Judicial College of England and Wales;
- Training in Business and Human Rights for new entrepreneurs in Sudan, funded by the British Council;
- Training for over 80 Bulgarian national and appellate level judges for the European Commission;
- A series of training courses on human rights and the rule of law for commercial judges in Russia, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office; and
- A Bingham Centre capacity-building project to provide training materials and information to support constitutional change in Libya in partnership with Lawyers for Justice in Libya.