The Product Liability Forum's strength lies in its membership, which is drawn from as wide a range of backgrounds as possible.
Members meet regularly (typically 3-4 times each year) to discuss areas requiring debate and analysis and, where appropriate, to develop views on issues of concern to governments and policy-makers.
The PLF enables the practical application of policy and developments in product liability and safety law to be considered by leading lawyers. Its role is to analyse and improve the conduct of policy and practice in the spheres of Product Liability, Product Safety and Mass Torts.
Benefits of Membership
Key benefits for PLF members include:
- The opportunity to participate in an independently-run Forum that aims to influence policy, and which provides an arena for ongoing and constructive debate with regulators and other decision-makers;
- An invitation to exclusive Forum events;
- Access to the authoritative and user-friendly Product Liability Database, a web-based resource of legislation and judicial decisions on Product Liability which is regularly updated and includes analysis from a European-wide network of academics and practitioners;
- The opportunity to act as speakers at both the PLF and public events.
All Forum members also receive the following benefits: electronic access to the ICLQ; 40% discount on publications; one free place per organisation at any standard BIICL evening event; and BIICL member rate for other public Institute events.
Membership of the PLF is available at the following annual rates (exclusive of VAT):
- Corporate membership 1 (for firms with more than 50 legal partners): £2,950
- Corporate membership 2 (available for firms with (i) fewer than 50 legal partners; (ii) offices entirely outside the jurisdiction of England & Wales; and (iii) public sector organisations): £1,750
- Individuals: £1,000
If you are interested in joining the Product Liability Forum, please contact Dr Duncan Fairgrieve.
Product Liability Forum members include some of the most expert and experienced lawyers, academics and government officials and international civil servants working on product liability law.
Current members of the Product Liability Forum are listed below. The Forum membership is by invitation only. If you would like further details on how to become a member of the Forum, please contact Dr Duncan Fairgrieve.
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Arthur Cox
- Bristows LLP
- Burness Paull LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Crown Office Chambers
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- Geldards LLP
- Henderson Chambers
- Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
- Hogan Lovells LLP
- Kennedys LLP
- Leigh Day
- McCann FitzGerald
- Outer Temple Chambers
- Serjeants' Inn Chambers
- Shook Hardy & Bacon LLP
- Tripp Haston, Bradley, Arant, Boult, Cummings LLP
- Duniya Okada
- Marcus Pilgerstorfer, 11 KBW
- Professor Erdem Buyuksagis
- Professor Richard Goldberg
- Professor Geraint Howells
- Prof Eleonora Rajneri