BIICL and its Bingham Centre for the Rule of Law both engage in a range of research-related and practical training and development activities.
Examples of recent activities include:
- Intensive short courses on International Law in Practice (4 days) and Public International Law in Practice (2 days) which run annually;
- Training in Business and Human Rights for new entrepreneurs in Sudan, funded by the British Council;
- Training for over 80 Bulgarian national and appellate level judges for the European Commission;
- A series of training courses on human rights and the rule of law for commercial judges in Russia, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office;
- A Bingham Centre capacity-building project to provide training materials and information to support constitutional change in Libya in partnership with Lawyers for Justice in Libya
- A webinar series on International Human Rights in Practice delivered by the Bingham Centre to lawyers at Linklaters.
'An excellent course, pitched at just the right level. Very useful in showing the bigger picture and how various aspects of international law fit together.' [Participant feedback from the International Law in Practice course]
To discuss your training and development needs, please contact::
Patricia Ambrose, Deputy Director at BIICL.
Oversight of the Rule of Law in the European Union: Opportunities and Challenges...
The Article 50 'Brexit' Appeal: The Rule of Law After Miller...
Find out how you can help us address some of the most pressing global challenges.