Date: 9th October 2019
Time: 14:00 - 16:00
On September 24 the General Court is expected to announce the decisions on the appeals brought by the Netherlands and Luxembourg governments regarding the Commission's decisions on Starbucks and Fiat.
The cases raise a number of important issues such as:
- How does the principle of equal treatment in the Treaty (state aid rules) relate to the arm's length principle as laid down in the OECD rules and in particular national tax laws?
- Is there a European Arm's Length Principle, distinct from the ALP in the OECD guidelines and national tax law that is directly applicable under the state aid rules?
- What degree of discretion remains for Member States in making Advanced Pricing Agreements?
The CLF previously organised on 26th March 2014 a seminar "State Aid, Tax and the Notion of Selective Advantage".
Event convened by Dr Liza Lovdahl Gormsen, Senior Research Fellow in Competition Law and Director, Competition Law Forum, British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL).
Join the conversation @BIICL #stateaidandtaxrulings
- Juan Rodriguez, Partner, Sullivan and Cromwell
- Michel Petite, Partner, Clifford Chance
- David Evans, Associate Partner, EY International
- Dr Liza Lovdahl Gormsen, Director, Competition Law Forum
- Massimo Merola, Partner, BonelliErede
Additional speakers TBC
Pricing & Registration
This event is free to attend, however advance registration is required.
This event is available for booking but you must be logged in before you can place a booking.Book now
This event offers the equivalent of 2 CPD hours.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Photography and Recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day.
Alternatively you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Carmel Brown in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our event cancellation policy.