Date: 20 November 2023
Time: 14.30 - 17.30 (Registration from 14.00) followed by a drinks reception
Digital markets remain top of the agenda for antitrust authorities and we are continuing to see the regulatory response taking shape across Europe and beyond. For the last four years the BIICL/Linklaters Tech Antitrust Roundtable has brought together an exclusive group of leading officials, academics, economists, and senior business leaders from the digital sector and disrupted corporates for an open and constructive discussion on the key issues in tech regulation and enforcement.
This year, we will have a keynote speech from Kate Jones (Chief Executive Officer of the UK's Digital Regulation Cooperation Forum, followed by two panel discussions.
Kate Jones, Chief Executive Officer of the UK's Digital Regulation Cooperation Forum
Panel 1: The evolving landscape of platform regulation in the EU and UK and the role of economics in enforcement of the new regimes.
Chair: Liza Lovdahl Gormsen, Senior Research Fellow in Competition Law and Director, Competition Law Forum at BIICL
Panel 2: Innovation and contestability in digital markets - what lessons does history have for the future as we think about AI, interoperability and other future challenges?
Chair: Verity Egerton-Doyle, Counsel and Co-Head of UK Tech Sector, Linklaters LLP
- Robin Finer, Economics Director, Ofcom
- Will Leslie, Partner, Linklaters LLP
- Professor Amelia Fletcher CBE, Non-Executive Director, Competition and Markets Authority and Professor University of East Anglia
- Karen Croxson, Chief Data & Technology Insights Officer, Competition and Markets Authority
- Jorge Padilla, Senior Managing Director, Compass Lexecon
- Alexander Iken, DG COMP Unit J - Digital Platforms, European Commission
- Jessica Rusu, Chief Data, Information & Intelligence Officer Data, Technology & Innovation Division, Financial Conduct Authority
More speakers TBC
Limited spaces are available for this event. Please register your interest by clicking the link below:
Members of the competition law forum wishing to attend can also contact the Events Team.