Date: Tuesday 16 November 2021
Time: 13.30 - 18.00 UK Time | 14.30 - 19.00 CET (followed by cocktails and dinner)
Regulators' interest in, and appetite to, regulate competition in the digital space show no sign of abating, with 2021 being a bumper year for both digital regulation and merger control. As regulators move at different speeds and sometimes diverge, what comparisons and lessons can they draw from each other? Can regulatory coherence be achieved and how do stakeholders navigate these choppy waters?
This event will provide a forum for an open and constructive dialogue amongst our exclusive group of experts about regulation of digital markets and merger control in the tech space. We aim to enable participants to exchange views and learn from one another's perspectives, promoting a more effective understanding of how authorities can most effectively respond to these challenges.
This event is hosted under the Chatham House Rule.
- Cristina Caffarra, Senior Consultant, Charles River Associates
- Lorenzo Coppi, Executive Vice President, Compass Lexecon
- Pascale Déchamps, Rapporteur Général Adjoint, Head of Unit for antitrust matters in the digital and telecom sectors, French Competition Authority
- Simon Genevaz, Deputy Head of Unit, European Commission
- Will Hayter, Senior Director, Digital Markets Unit, Competition and Markets Authority
- Nicole Kar, Partner and Head of Antitrust and Foreign Investment Group UK, Linklaters LLP
- Thomas Kramler, Head of Unit, E-commerce and the data economy, European Commission
- Colin Raftery, Senior Director, Mergers, Competition & Market Authority
- Elisabetta Righini, Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Tommaso Valletti, Professor of Economics at Imperial College London and Professor of Economics at the University of Rome, Former Chief Competition Economist of the European Commission
- Christian Ahlborn Partner and Global Head of Competition & Antitrust, Linklaters LLP
- Dr Liza Lovdahl Gormsen Senior Research Fellow in Competition Law and Co-Director, Competition Law Forum, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
Pricing and Registration
This is an invitation only event. Please contact the Events Team with any queries