Date: 20 January 2020
Time: 17:30-19:15 (registration from 17:00)
Followed by a drinks reception and optional dinner
This seminar will focus on current litigation & regulatory patterns in respect of toxic torts and related risks around the globe. There will also be a focus on climate change litigation with Stijn Franken of leading Dutch firm Nauta Dutilh presenting on the Dutch climate change litigation, including the judgment expected on 20 December, in which Stijn acted for the claimant foundation.
- Mark Behrens and Phil Goldberg, Shook Hardy, Washington DC, who will address the topic of toxic torts in the United States
- Sylvie Gallage-Alwis, Signature Litigation Paris, on the topic of toxic torts across Europe
- Stijn Franken, Nauta Dutilh, on the topic of the Dutch climate change litigation
Join in the conversation @BIICL #ToxicTorts
- Meeting: 17:30 - 19:15
- Drinks reception: 19:15 - 20:00
- Optional dinner: 20:00 (venue: The Montague on the Gardens, 15 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 5BJ)
- For dinner menu, cost and registration information, click here
Pricing and registration
This event is exclusive to PLF and IADC members. PLF and IADC members wishing to attend should register by contacting the Events team.
This event offers the equivalent of 2 CPD hours.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Photography and Recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day.
Alternatively you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Carmel Brown in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our event cancellation policy.