Date: 21st November 2019
Time: 16:30 - 19:00 (registration from 16:00)
The digital space is top of mind for antitrust authorities globally and one central question is whether existing antitrust law and enforcement practice remains fit for purpose. The roundtable will tackle this question head on, through a series of discussions bringing together leading officials (including from the European Commission, France, Germany and the UK), academics, and economists, with senior leaders from the tech industry and disrupted corporates. The roundtable will provide a forum for an open and constructive dialogue about antitrust enforcement in the tech space, enabling participants to exchange views and learn from one another's perspectives, and thus promote more effective enforcement.
- Nicholas Banasevic, Head of Unit, Antitrust, DG COMP
- Cristina Caffarra, Head of European Competition Practice, Charles River Associates
- Nicholas Deffieux, Deputy Head of the Instructions Services, Tech and Telecom Sectors, French Competition Authority
- Dr Liza Lovdahl Gormsen, Director, Competition Law Forum, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Dr Thorsten Käseberg, Competition Policy Unit, German Economics Ministry
- Stephen Lewis, Partner, RBB Economics
- Professor Derek McAuley, Professor of Digital Economy, University of Nottingham
- Simon Pritchard, Partner, Linklaters
- Tom Smith, Director, Online Platforms and Digital Advertising market study, Competition and Markets Authority
Event convened by Dr Liza Lovdahl Gormsen, Senior Research Fellow in Competition Law, Director, Competition Law Forum, BIICL
This event offers the equivalent of 2 CPD hours.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Photography and Recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day.
Alternatively you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Carmel Brown in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
When you register for an event you will be asked to confirm that you have read and understood our cancellation policy.