13th November 2018
Time: 09:15-15:50 (Registration from 08:45)
Venue: One Birdcage Walk, Westminster, London, SW1H 9JJ
On 13 November 2018, the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the School of International Arbitration (SIA) of Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) and the British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL) are organising a full-day conference to discuss the proposed revision of ICSID Arbitration Rules.
The conference will gather in London representatives of ICSID, leading academics, and practitioners.
- Gabriel Bottini, Uria Menendez and University of Buenos Aires
- Norah Gallagher, Queen Mary University of London
- Professor Kaj Hober, Uppsala University
- Meg Kinnear, International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes
- Dr Sabine Konrad, McDermott Will & Emery
- Professor Yarik Kryvoi, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Professor Julian D M Lew QC, Queen Mary University of London; 20 Essex Street
- Melanie van Leeuwen, Derains and Gharavi
- Professor Spyros Maniatis, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Wendy Miles QC, Debevoise & Plimpton
- Professor Loukas Mistelis, School of International Arbitration, Queen Mary University of London
- Sylvia Noury, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Professor Luca Radicati di Brozolo, ArbLit and Università Cattolica di Milano
- Dr Laurence Shore, BonelliErede
- Jeff Sullivan, Gibson Dunn
Convened by Professor Yarik Kryvoi, Senior Research Fellow in International Economic Law and Director of the Investment Treaty Forum and Professor Loukas Mistelis, Director, School of International Arbitration, Queen Mary University of London.
Download the provisional programme
Join in the conversation @BIICL #ICSID2018
Pricing and Registration
BIICL members, ITF members and QMUL alumni:
- Individual: £205
- Concession: £150
ITF members and QMUL alumni should contact the Events team to make a booking at the member rate.
- Individual: £295
- Concession: £205
Concession fees are applicable to full-time academics, students, staff of government and NGO's.
Additional Booking Information
There are a limited number of places at the conference for representatives of governments at a special fee of £150. To apply for a place at the special rate please contact the Events team.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Photography and audio recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Carmel Brown in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our event cancellation policy.
Available for booking
You must be logged in to book an event.