26th March 2019
Time: 14.00-18:30 (Registration from 13:30)
Venue: Simmons & Simmons, CityPoint, 1 Ropemaker Street, London EC2Y 9SS
This event is now taking place on 26 March 2019. Please check back again shortly for full details of the revised event.
BIICL in cooperation with Simmons & Simmons is organising the 17th Annual Review of the Arbitration Act.
The event will be held on Tuesday 26 March 2019, and will bring together judges, leading practitioners and academics working in the area of international arbitration. The speakers will focus on the following topics:
- Injunctions and Jurisdictional Challenges
- Challenging Awards: Irregularities, Delays, Mistakes
- Lessons from overseas: A Comparative Discussion
Sir Rupert Jackson, 4 New Square
- Dr Stuart Dutson, Simmons & Simmons
- Ania Farren, Vannin Capital
- Anneliese Day QC, Fountain Court Chambers
- James Freeman, Allen and Overy
- Andy Moody, Baker & McKenzie
- Philip Norman, Simmons & Simmons
- Prof Stavros Brekoulakis, Queen Mary University of London
- David Brynmor Thomas, 39 Essex Chambers
Additional speakers to be confirmed.
Convened by Prof Yarik Kryvoi, Senior Research Fellow in International Economic Law, British Institute of International and Comparative Law.
Join in the conversation @BIICL #Arbitration
Pricing and Registration
- Individual: £30
- Concession: £24
- Individual: £50
- Concession: £40
Concession fees are applicable to academics, students, staff of government and NGO's.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
This event offers the equivalent of 4 hours.
Photography and audio recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively, you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Carmel Brown in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our event cancellation policy.
Available for booking
You must be logged in to book an event.