PLF Seminar with IADC on Global Products Regulation & Litigation
Wednesday 26 September 2017 (17.00 - 19.00)
The seminar will focus on current litigation & regulatory patterns across the globe, taking products liability as a thematic example, to examine the recent trends, including Brexit topics. This event will be run jointly with our friends at the IADC, which brings together counsel from the US and around the world. The event will take place in the Council Chamber at the Institute (Ground Floor of Charles Clore Building, Russell Square), and will be followed by a reception and dinner with our IADC guests.
Details of past PLF events over the last few years are listed below:
- 14 June 2017 PLF Seminar with the European Commission on Reviewing the Product Liability Directive
- 15 February 2017 PLF Seminar on the topic of the High Court judgment of Wilkes v De Puy
- 2 November 2016 PLF Meeting: Emerging Risks in Healthcare Law
- 9 June 2016 EU Food Law : Regulatory and Liability Perspectives
- 17 March 2016 PLF Meeting on the topic of "Defining Defect."
- 18 November 2015 PLF Meeting: The Issue of Automotive Liability
- 1 July 2015 PLF Seminar Considering the impact of the Boston Scientific judgement
- 20 April 2015 PLF Seminar with IADC on Global Litigation Patterns for Global Products
- 15 January 2015: Vaccines - regulatory and liability perspectives
- 22 September 2014: Class Actions and Product Liability Litigation: An Australian Perspective
- 8 July 2014: Product Liability Forum & Food Law Group Seminar: High Court Glucosamine Judgment
- 20 March 2014: Punitive Damages in Europe
- 6 February 2014: Accountabilty Strategies in relation to Regulatory and Product Liability issues with Food and Drink Products
- 12 November 2013: Oral Contraceptives: Medical, Regulatory and Legal Perspectives
- 2 October 2013: Product Safety and Market Surveillance Package: Cross Perspectives on the Commission Proposal
- 10 June 2013: Medical Devices: European and US Regulatory Models Compared
- 21 May 2013: Going East: Product Liability in China
- 19 March 2013: Emerging Risks in Product Liability and Mass Tort Cases
- 20 November 2012: Thalidomide: Legal & Medical Perspectives
- 14 June 2012: Medical Devices Regulation & Liability
- 2 April 2012: Comparative Law Perspectives on Food Regulation and Product Liability
- 8 February 2012: Access to Justice in Product Liability Cases : European Comparisons
- 2 November 2011: Punitive Damages - Europe Strikes Back
- 18 May 2011: Contingency Fees in Comparative Perspective: Update on the developments in England & Wales compared with practice in Germany, Italy and Spain
- 20 January 2011: Reviewing the Application of the PL Directive: the Commission's Fourth Report
- 29 September 2010: Regulatory Standards and Liability: Developing the Appropriate Model for Medicines
- 29 April 2010: International Perspectives on the Recommendations of Lord Justice Jackson's Report on Civil Litigation Costs
- 24 March 2010: Food and Enlightenment - The Food Information Proposal of the EU
- 28 January 2010: Collective Redress against Financial Institutions: Financial Services Bill
- 15 January 2010: Emergency Vaccines and Liability
23 November 2017...
Perspectives on 15 years in Business and Human Rights - where to next ...
Find out how you can help us address some of the most pressing global challenges.