Registration now open for conference on Dialogues between International and Public Law
From 30 June to 1 July 2016, BIICL and the Melbourne Law School (MLS) will host a two-day conference in London that will bring together for the first time leading academics and practising lawyers to pool knowledge and share perspectives on the changing relationship between public international law and domestic public law in different jurisdictions.
This event will allow a constructive dialogue on how national public law and public international law and practice should and must co-exist, combining theory with case studies and the experience of practitioners.
Speakers for this unique conference will be drawn from international academia, law firms, public administration and the judiciary. The following individuals have agreed to speak (subject in some cases to confirmation of topics and panel allocations), and other speakers will be confirmed shortly:
- Professor Cheryl Saunders, Melbourne Law School
- Professor Sir Jeffrey Jowell KCMG QC, Blackstone Chambers
- Sir Frank Berman, KCMG QC, BIICL
- Professor Gerry Simpson, London School of Economics and Melbourne Law School
- Professor Dapo Akande, Oxford University
- Dr Antonios Tzanakopoulos, Oxford University
- Alistair McGlone, international environmental law consultant
- Professor David Feldman, Cambridge University
- Dr Jarrod Hepburn, Melbourne Law School
- Ben Juratowitch, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Tim Eicke QC, Essex Court Chambers
- Jill Barrett, BIICL
- Jansen Calamita, BIICL
- Sophie Lamb, Debevoise Plimpton
Download the draft programme
The conference is sponsored by Debevoise & Plimpton and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer. Speaker dinner and conference lunches sponsored by Essex Court Chambers.