BIICL's Annual Conference on Business and International Law was held on 5 June. Read more ...
The Annual Conference of the British Institute of International and Comparative Law was held on Friday 5 June 2009 at Goodenough College, London. The Conference took as its theme, Business and International Law, and attracted a large audience.
The Conference was opened by the Institute's Director, Professor Robert McCorquodale, and The Rt Hon Lord Bingham of Cornhill KG, President and Chairman of the Institute. This was followed by the Keynote Address delivered by Paul Skinner, former Chairman, Rio Tinto, who presented a unique perspective on business and international law resulting from his combined legal and business knowledge.
There followed a broad range of parallel sessions throughout the day, covering:
- Cartel Enforcement in a Globalised World: Extraterritoriality and Extradition
- Business and Human Rights
- Business and Damages Actions: Accountability of TNCs and the Role of Damages Actions
- Business, Conflict and Development
- Business and International Crimes
- Business, Investment and International Law
The sessions were well attended and generated useful discussion, which was continued at the Reception which followed the Conference.
For the full Conference report, click here.
For the Conference programme, click here.
A certain number of papers are available to Institute members from the website.