Date: 13th June 2018
Time: 15:00 - 18:00
Time: 15:00-18:15 (Registration from 14:30)
Venue: British Institute of International and Comparative Law, Charles Clore House, 17 Russell Square, London WC1B 5JP
In collaboration with the Competition Markets Authority (CMA), the Competition Law Forum (CLF) will bring together CMA officials, UK NGAs and businesses to discuss some of the issues from this year's annual ICN meeting in Delhi: How can competition agencies reach out and engage stakeholders to better communicate their enforcement activity? What communications tools and strategies do competition authorities have at their disposal to promote deterrence within their jurisdictions? What are their limitations, legal or otherwise? What is the role of public and private stakeholders?
This event is also the chance for attendees to engage - in a dedicated session - in a substantive exchange of views on the future direction of the ICN, how to make the network even more effective, and to help enable NGAs to contribute effectively. We encourage you to think in advance about these views to facilitate discussion.
- Alex Baker, Director, Fingleton Associates (UK NGA)
- Joel Bamford, Director, Mergers, CMA
- Cristina Caffarra, Vice President, Charles River Associates (UK NGA)
- Simon Constantine, Director, Policy and International, CMA
- Jackie Holland, Special Adviser, Slaughter and May (UK NGA)
- Grant Murray, Senior PSL, Baker & McKenzie (UK NGA)
- Paolo Palmigiano, Chairman, Association of European In-House Competition Lawyers (UK NGA)
- Tony Penny, Assistant Director, Policy & International, CMA
- Ann Pope, Senior Director, Antitrust, CMA
- Dan Rawling, Assistant Director, Policy & International, CMA
- James Wright, Legal Adviser, CMA
Event convened by Dr Liza Lovdahl Gormsen, Director, Competition Law Forum and Senior Research Fellow, BIICL.
This is a Competition Law Forum event hosted under the Chatham House Rule.
Download the Event Flyer
In collaboration with
Pricing and Registration
Free to attend. Advance registration is required.
If you have any queries then please contact the Events team.
Becoming a member of the Competition Law Forum (CLF)
The Competition Law Forum is a centre of excellence for European competition and antitrust policy and law at BIICL. It provides a forum in which the practical application of competition policy is considered by lawyers, economists, senior business managers, public servants, public affairs professionals, consumer bodies and other specialist practitioners. The Forum identifies areas requiring debate and analysis, and provides the required forum and experts, thereby contributing to policy initiatives. In doing so it also produces leading-edge applied research, analysis and recommendations on the content, methodologies and application of competition policy at all levels of governance - national, European and global.
To enquire about becoming a member of the Forum, please contact Dr Liza Lovdahl Gormsen, Competition Law Forum Director