Date: 3rd May 2018
Time: 13:30 - 19:00
Venue: Goodenough College, Mecklenburgh Square, LONDON, WC1N 2AB
Time: 13:30-19:00 (Registration from 13:00)
Followed by a reception
Venue: Goodenough House, Mecklenburgh Square, London WC1N 2AB
The International Law Research Program of the Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) in partnership with the British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL) is pleased to host a one-day conference on Thursday May 3, 2018 to discuss current issues in the Brexit negotiations and their international law implications.
This conference brings together international law and other experts from the private and public sector, academia, the media and civil society, from the United Kingdom, the European Union and North America to brainstorm the latest and greatest challenges of Brexit. The conference will discuss the legal, economic, political and social implications of Brexit, as they relate to international finance and trade, intellectual property and the innovation economy, environmental protection, human rights and constitutional law.
- Sophie Barrett-Brown, Laura Devine Solicitors (LDS)
- Christophe Bondy, Cooley LLP
- Thomas Cottier, University of Bern
- Oonagh Fitzgerald, Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI)
- David Gantz, University of Arizona
- Markus Gehring, British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL)
- Simon Gleeson, Clifford Chance LLP
- Etay Katz, Allen & Overy LLP
- Eva Lein, University of Lausanne and BIICL
- Tobias Lock, Edinburgh Law School
- Richard Macrory, Brick Court Chambers
- Armand de Mestral, Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI)
- Marc Mimler, Bournemouth University
- Colm O'Cinneide, University College London (UCL).
- Maziar Peihani, Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI)
The conference will close with a reception to celebrate the launch of the CIGI-BIICL book collaboration, Complexity's Embrace: International Law Implications of Brexit.
Event convened by Eva Lein, Professor, University of Lausanne, Senior Research Fellow, British Institute of International and Comparative Law and Oonagh Fitzgerald, Director, International Law Research Program, Centre for International Governance Innovation.
Co-organised and sponsored by
Pricing and Registration
Free to attend. Advance registration is required via Eventbrite.
If you have any queries, please contact the events team.
Photography and audio recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Carmel Brown in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our event cancellation policy.