Date: 11th May 2023
Time: 16.00 - 17.30 (UK time) | In person registration from 15.30
BIICL's project on Global Perspectives on Corporate Climate Legal Tactics examines the unique aspects of climate litigation across the corporate world and will lead to the production of a toolbox for the effective implementation of climate law. The project team is conducting a comparative analysis across 17 legal systems, in collaboration with National Rapporteurs from those jurisdictions and an international expert group of eminent individuals in the field of climate law. The global toolbox will be presented during an event at the UNFCCC COP28 in Dubai.
The event will provide expert analysis and discussion of this critical field of research and practice, with the participation of members of the BIICL Climate Change Law team and of the Core Group. The experience from other disciplines and areas of litigation will provide the opportunity to examine valuable lessons to be learned for more effective corporate climate litigation. In addition, there will be an opportunity to discuss some comparative perspectives from relevant legal systems (China, France, UK and USA) and future pathways for climate litigation involving businesses.
Event convened by Dr Ivano Alogna, Research Leader in Environmental and Climate Change Law, BIICL
Join the conversation @BIICL #corporateclimatelitigation, #climatechangelaw, #climatechange
- Dr Ivano Alogna, BIICL
- Nigel Pleming KC, 39 Essex Chambers and BIICL honorary fellow
- Marc Clément, Presiding Judge at the Administrative Tribunal of Lyon, and member of the French Environmental Authority and of the Aarhus Convention Compliance Committee
- Prof Duncan Fairgrieve, Senior Research Fellow in Comparative Law & Director, Product Liability Forum
- Dr Peter Frumhoff, Lecturer in Environmental Science and Public Policy, Harvard University, and Senior Science Policy Advisor, Woodwell Climate Research Center
- Prof. Michael Faure, Professor of Comparative and International Environmental Law, Maastricht University, and Director of the Maastricht European Institute for Transnational Legal Research
- Prof. Michael Gerrard, Andrew Sabin Professor of Professional Practice, and Director of the Sabin Center for Climate Change Law, Columbia Law School
- Richard Lord KC, Brick Court Chambers
- Prof Spyros Maniatis, BIICL Director
- Prof Annalisa Savaresi, Associate Professor, Center for Climate Change, Energy and Environmental Law (UEF), Senior Research Associate, University of Stirling (UK)
- Prof Qin Tianbao,, Luojia Professor of Law and Director of the Research Institute of Environmental Law (RIEL) Wuhan University
Pricing and Registration
Register to attend this event in person below
This event offers the equivalent of 1.5 CPD hours.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Please note that our events may be photographed or recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in recordings or photographs, please contact The Event Team to let us know ahead of the event.
Event Cancellation Policy
When you register for an event you will be asked to confirm that you have read and understood our cancellation policy.