Date: 19 April 2022
Time: 14.00 - 16.00 (UK time)
As the Russian invasion of Ukraine continues, displacement within and from Ukraine continues unabated. This event seeks to unpack and critically engage with some of the key concerns that have emerged in the context of displacement, with legal questions that have arisen regarding international and other forms of protection, and with the way in which displacement is addressed across different areas of international law (including human rights and humanitarian law and international criminal law).
The event will address the following issues:
- Access and pathways to protection in Europe;
- Temporary Protection in Europe;
- Non-Discrimination and the protection of displaced persons;
- Risks of trafficking, exploitation and abuse for displaced persons;
- Displacement and Deportation under IHL and ICL
- Dr Jean-Pierre Gauci, Arthur Watts Senior Fellow, BIICL
- Cecilia Jimenez-Damary, UN Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights of Internally Displaced Persons
- Dr Anton Korynevych, Permanent Representative of the President of Ukraine in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea
- Dr Maja Lysienia, AIDA National Expert (Poland), European Council on Refugees and Exiles
- Dr Meltem Ineli-Ciger, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, Suleyman Demirel University
- Dr Noemi Magugliani, Research Fellow, BIICL
- Dr Olena Kibenko, Judge, Ukraine's Supreme Court
- Dr Yulia Ioffe, Lecturer in Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction, University College London
Watch A Recording of the Event
Pricing and Registration
This event is free to attend but pre-registration is required.
This event offers the equivalent of 2 CPD hours.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Please note that our events may be photographed or recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in recordings or photographs, please contact The Event Team to let us know ahead of the event.
Event Cancellation Policy
When you register for an event you will be asked to confirm that you have read and understood our cancellation policy.