Date: 2nd March 2016
Time: 14:00 - 18:00
Time: 14:00-18:00 (Registration from 13:30)
Venue: British Institute of International and Comparative Law, Charles Clore House, 17 Russell Square, London WC1B 5JP
This is a public event, open to both CLF members and non-members.
This event will foster a balanced debate on antitrust issues in FRAND licensing in light of recent developments such the CJEU's Huawei v. ZTE ruling and the IEEE's patent policy change and their implications on consumer protection and innovation.
The event will be followed by a drinks reception and networking.
- Benno Buehler, Chief Competition Economist, European Commission
- Dr Roya Ghafele, Director Oxfirst Ltd and Fellow Oxford IP Research Centre, University of Oxford
- Mathew Heim, Vice President, Government Affairs, Qualcomm Inc.
- The Rt. Hon. Professor Sir Robin Jacob, Institute of Brand and Innovation Law, UCL Faculty of Laws
- James Killick, Partner, White & Case LLP
- Dr Ing Konstantinos Karachalios, Managing Director, IEEE Standards Association (Participating via webcam)
- Dr Liza Lovdahl-Gormsen, Director of Competition Law Forum and Senior Research Fellow in Competition Law, BIICL
- Monica Magnusson, Ericsson
- Adrian Majumdar, Partner, RBB Economics London
- Robert Pocknell, Chairman, Fair Standards Alliance ASBL
- Thomas Vinje, Partner, Chairman, Global Antitrust Practice Group, Clifford Chance LLP
- Dr Mike Walker, Chief Economic Adviser, Competition Markets Authority
Download the Event Flyer
Join in the Conversation @BIICL #CLFFrand
Registration and Pricing
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team
Becoming a member of the CLF
The Competition Law Forum is a centre of excellence for European competition and antitrust policy and law at BIICL. It provides a forum in which the practical application of competition policy is considered by lawyers, economists, senior business managers, public servants, public affairs professionals, consumer bodies and other specialist practitioners. The Forum identifies areas requiring debate and analysis, and provides the required forum and experts, thereby contributing to policy initiatives. In doing so it also produces leading-edge applied research, analysis and recommendations on the content, methodologies and application of competition policy at all levels of governance - national, European and global.
To enquire about becoming a member of the Forum, please contact Dr Liza Lovdahl-Gormsen, Competition Law Forum Director
Photography and audio recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Claudia Mansaray, in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
Cancellation by us
The British Institute of International and Comparative Law reserves the right to modify or cancel any event if unforeseen circumstances arise. If we cancel an event we shall inform you as soon as possible using the contact details provided to us and offer you a full refund.
Cancellation by you
All cancellations must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and be no less than one week prior to the event.
Payment for registration will always be required, and must be made prior to the event. If sufficient written notification of cancellation is received, a full refund will be given. If insufficient notice is given, payment for your registration will still be required.
No charge events
All events are costly to set up, even those for which there is 'no charge'. If you register but find you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible. As a charity we need to cover the costs of events, and we may charge you a fee of £10 for administration and catering costs if you fail to attend or give us less than 24 hours' notice.
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our cancellation policy.