Date: Eight Sessions: 05, 12, 19, 26 October, 02, 09, 16 and 23 November 2021
Time: 13.00 - 15.00 (UK time)
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
This online course offers a comprehensive overview of climate change law and the legal responses to the current climate crisis. Bringing together a distinguished cohort of scholars and practitioners, the course is designed to provide participants with a working knowledge of the relevant legal frameworks as well as to enhance their understanding of the way climate change impacts other areas of international law including territory, human rights, trade and investment.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Have a clear understanding of the principal elements of International and Comparative Climate Change Law;
- Have a comprehension of the complex (scientific, economic, political and legal) framework of climate change issues;
- Better understand the international regime and the global governance of climate change, including as it relates to other areas of international law;
- Be able to critically assess the legal tools and principles related to climate change;
- Be able to analyse the principal challenges relating to the implementation and compliance of climate change law;
- Be able to identify national and international initiatives and opportunities for climate change action.
- United Nations Climate Change Regime
- Principles of Climate Change Law
- Climate Change Legal Mechanisms
- Climate Change Litigation
- Territory, Sovereignty and Climate Change
- Migration and Climate Change
- Business, Human Rights and Climate Change
- Trade, Investment and Climate Change
Ivano Alogna, Arthur Watts Research Fellow in Environmental and Climate Change Law, British Institute of International and Comparative Law.
The virtual course format will consist of a series of sessions in which live (synchronous) teaching is offered via Zoom. Participants will be able to interact with the tutors and amongst themselves on screen.
Pricing and Registration
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Student Member Discount: 15% discount for student members of BIICL
Details of student membership
- 15% discount for groups of 3 or more attendees from NGO organisations or staff of government
- 15% discount for groups of 5 or more attendees from commercial organisations
To apply for any of the group discounts please Contact Us
The British Institute of International and Comparative Law is committed to equality and opportunity in the legal profession and to support greater engagement of under-represented groups in the legal profession.
In our efforts in this regard we are delighted to offer 3 scholarships for each of our short courses to participants from communities and backgrounds currently under-represented in the legal community. Find out more about training scholarships.
Join in the conversation @BIICL #BIICLClimateChangeLaw
This event offers the equivalent of 20 CPD hours.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Please note that our events may be photographed or recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in recordings or photographs, please contact The Event Team to let us know ahead of the event.
Event Cancellation Policy
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our event cancellation policy.