Date: Tuesday, 6 July 2021
Time: 13:00 - 15:00 (UK time)
Organised in partnership with:
This event will examine critically the provision made for the small numbers of those who have suffered adverse reactions after administration of one of the Covid-19 vaccines. The focus of this event will be on the compensation schemes established at a national and international level (including the COVAX / GAVI scheme) to provide compensation and support for those affected. Experts from around the globe will discuss this important and topical issue in a workshop format.
- Prof. Duncan Fairgrieve, BIICL and Université de Paris Dauphine PSL
- Prof. Jean-Sébastien Borghetti, Université Paris II (Panthéon-Assas)
- Prof. Samuel Dahan, Queens University Canada, Cornell Law School
- Prof. Richard Goldberg, Durham Law School
- Prof. Sam F. Halabi, University of Missouri and O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law, Georgetown University
- Prof. Geraint Howells, NUI Galway and University of Manchester
- Alex Forrest, Chubb
- Dr. Jennifer Keelan, University of Toronto
- Prof. Eleonora Rajneri, University of Piementonti Orientale
- Prof. Marco Rizzi, University of Western Australia
- Prof. Normann Witzleb, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Event convened by Prof. Duncan Fairgrieve, Senior Research Fellow in Comparative Law and Director of the Product Liability Forum, BIICL.
Join in the conversation @BIICL #CompensationSchemes
Watch a recording of the event
This event offers the equivalent of 2 CPD hours.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Please note that our events may be photographed or recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in recordings or photographs, please contact The Event Team to let us know ahead of the event.
Event Cancellation Policy
When you register for an event you will be asked to confirm that you have read and understood our cancellation policy.