The panel will focus the recent developments in relation to class actions in the UK, discuss recent high profile litigations and take stock of how such cases can evolve in the future. The panel plans to discuss:
- Conditions for class action certification
- The role of economic analysis.
- What is the relevance of recent cases (incl the Merricks case) for the future of private enforcement?
Rachael Mulheron, Queen Mary University of London
- Richard Murgatroyd, RBB Economics
- Ricky Versteeg, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Phil Evans, FIPRA International
- Leo Kitchen, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP
Event convened by Professor Ioannis Kokkoris, Co-Director of the Competition Law Forum, BIICL and Chair in Competition Law and Economics, QMUL
Join in the conversation @BIICL #ClassAction
Pricing and Registration
This event is free to attend but pre-registration is required.
Members of the Competition Law Forum (CLF) wishing to attend may also register by emailing the Events team.
This event offers the equivalent of 1 CPD hour.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Photography and Recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day.
Alternatively you can email The Event Team in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our event cancellation policy.