Date: 3rd February 2020
Time: 10:00-17:00 (registration from 09:30)
Business and human rights is an area of international human rights law in continuous development at the international and national levels. On successful completion of BIICL's Business and Human Rights training course participants will:
- Understand the human rights impacts resulting from business activities;
- Be aware of the core concepts and principles established by the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights;
- Understand corporate human rights due diligence requirements and developments at the international, regional, and national levels;
- Consider recent examples of business and human rights issues, including case law; and
- Understand the context of business and human rights as a field of work.
Who is the course for?
The course is for a wide range of professionals interested in business and human rights, including in-house counsel, legal practitioners, NGO representatives, government representatives, academics, PhD students and other professionals.
Join in the conversation @BIICL #bizhumanrights
- Lise Smit, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Dr. Irene Pietropaoli, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Dr. Claire Bright, Nova University of Lisbon
Course Lead: Lise Smit, Senior Research Fellow in Business and Human Rights and Director, Human Rights Due Diligence Forum.
Pricing and Registration
The course fee is £275 (incl. VAT)
This event is available for booking but you must be logged in before you can place a booking.Book now
Group Booking Discount
- A 15% discount applies if four or more people from the same company register
- A 30% discount will apply to third sector organisations booking three or more places
To book using the group booking discounts please contact Events team.
This event offers the equivalent of 5 CPD hours.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Photography and Recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day.
Alternatively you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Carmel Brown in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our event cancellation policy.