Date: 3rd February 2020
Time: 10:00-17:45 (registration from 09:30)
Venue: British Institute of International and Comparative Law, Charles Clore House, 17 Russell Square, LONDON, WC1B 5JP
Business and human rights is an area of international human rights law in continuous development at the international and national levels. On successful completion of BIICL's Business and Human Rights training course participants will:
- Understand the human rights impacts resulting from business activities;
- Be aware of the core concepts and principles established by the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights;
- Understand corporate human rights due diligence requirements and developments at the international, regional, and national levels;
- Consider recent examples of business and human rights issues, including case law; and
- Understand the context of business and human rights as a field of work.
View the Programme
Who is the course for?
The course is for a wide range of professionals interested in business and human rights, including in-house counsel, legal practitioners, NGO representatives, government representatives, academics, PhD students and other professionals.
Join in the conversation @BIICL #BIICLEvents #bizhumanrights
- Lise Smit, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Dr. Irene Pietropaoli, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Dr. Claire Bright, Nova University of Lisbon
Course Lead: Lise Smit, Senior Research Fellow in Business and Human Rights and Director, Human Rights Due Diligence Forum.
Pricing and Registration
Registration for this course is now closed.
This event offers the equivalent of 5 CPD hours.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Photography and Recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day.
Alternatively you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Carmel Brown in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
When you register for an event you will be asked to confirm that you have read and understood our cancellation policy.