Date: 14th February 2020
Time: 08:30 - 18:15 (registration from 08:15)
Venue: British Institute of International and Comparative Law, Charles Clore House, 17 Russell Square, LONDON, WC1B 5JP
The 4th Annual International Conference of the Asian Yearbook on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law, jointly organised by the British Institute for International and Comparative Law (BIICL) and Coventry University, will focus on the topic of Culture and Cultural Heritage in Asia and the Middle East, addressing culture and cultural heritage in times of peace and armed conflicts in the region.
- Cultural Rights as Human Rights in Asia and the Middle East
- Challenges to Cultural Identity in Asia and the Middle East
- Minority cultural rights in Asia and the Middle East
- Islamic Law, Cultural Rights and Cultural Diversity
- Asian Perspectives on Safeguarding Cultural Heritage
- Managing Cultural Sites in Asia and the Middle East
- The Protection of Cultural Heritage in Armed Conflicts in Asia and the Middle East
- Combatting Trafficking in Cultural Objects from Asia and the Middle East
- Intangible Heritage in Asia and the Middle East
- Culture and Gender-Based Violence -Law, Culture, and Human Rights
Ms. Karima Bennoune, Special Rapporteur in the field of cultural rights
Conference Programme | Speaker Biographies | Abstracts
This event offers the equivalent of 8.5 CPD hours (TBC).
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Photography and Recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day.
Alternatively you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Carmel Brown in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
When you register for an event you will be asked to confirm that you have read and understood our cancellation policy.