The 11th Annual BIICL Merger Conference was held in Brussels on Tuesday 21 January 2014.
Please click the links below to download the conference slides:
- Panel 1: Screens and Inferences in Mergers
- Panel 2: Remedies and Efficiencies - What Really Compensates for the Loss of Competition?
- Panel 3: Hot Topics
Topics covered at this conference included:
- Screens and inferences in mergers: has DG Comp opened the Pandora's box of price pressure tests?
- Remedies and Efficiencies - What Really Compensates for the Loss of Competition?
- Hot topics: Minority Stakes, Procedural Simplification, the Rise of MOFCOM
- Giulio Federico, European Commission
- Clara Ingen-Housz, Linklaters Hong Kong
- Nelson Jung, Office of Fair Trading
- Edyth Kyegombe, Shell
- Andrea Lofaro, RBB Economics
- Johannes Luebking, European Commission
- Adrian Majumdar, RBB Economics
- Philip Marsden, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Simon Pritchard, Linklaters
- Emily Roche, Rio Tinto
- Gregory Werden, US Department of Justice (Antitrust Division)
Click here to download the conference programme.