10th July 2007
This is an invitation-only meeting of the Institute's Competition Law Forum.
1. Case law update
- Contribution to development of 81/82/c.1/c.2 CAT, courts (UK and CFI, ECJ)
- The concept of justice, the role of small complainants, and consumer welfare: striking a balance?
- Mergers since IBA...did the sky fall in?
- Different approaches in different fora: form-based or effects-based analysis?; MasterCard
2. "Role of the Specialist Court" CAT, national courts, CFI
- How did we get here? (ie on the merits jurisdiction)
- Models of review: on the merits, JR, CFI - regulators: should specialist agencies be subject to the same review as competition authorities?
- Do tribunals have policy objectives?
- Impact of appeals tribunals/courts on authority case prioritisation
- Mulitplicity of proceedings
- What is an appealable decision?
- Standing to bring an appeal
- Managing CMCs, pleadings
- Use of economic evidence
Registration will take place at 10:00am. The meeting will start at 10:30am promptly.
There will be a reception for all those attending the event.
27th February 2018 | LONDON
UK-EU Dispute Resolution Post-Brexit: What role for the CJEU?
28th February 2018 | LONDON
Competition in Financial Services
8th March 2018 | LONDON
ITF event: General Principles of Law in Investment Arbitration, and the Hierarchy of Norms under International Law
13th March 2018
Constitutional Recognition of First Nations in Australia
27th March 2018
The Use of Force in Relation to Sovereignty Disputes over Land Territory