9th February 2006
- Overview of the current way that India has attracted investment from other countries, especially in relation to handling personal data
- What, if any, pressure there is on politicians to pass a data protection act
- What previous attempts there has been made to pass a data protection act
- What recent attempts have been made to pass legislation, and why such legislation has not been passed
- Where the pressure is coming from to enact a data protection act
- The perception of the need for a data protection act - do politicians in India think it is necessary? Who is the prime moving force for a data protection act? i.e. identity theft; because of the nature of the outsourcing work undertaken by Indian firms; does commerce want such an act? Is the pressure from consumer groups?
- An outline of the number of acts that may have been prepared to date with, perhaps, some indication of the similarities and differences between them.
1 CPD hour may be claimed by both solicitors and barristers through attendance at this event.