7th June 2007
This year's conference will focus on the broad theme of "Product Liability and Mass Torts in a Global Marketplace", bringing together leading American and European speakers from practice, policy and academia. Topics covered include the recent developments in product liability litigation in Europe and the US, the introduction of group actions in Europe, the pre-emption debate in the U.S and European comparisons, the development of U.S.-style discovery around the world (including e-Discovery), as well as a consideration of multi-party claims in financial services and the environmental sphere.
- Collective Redress in Europe: the European Commission's Plans
- A US Claimants' Firm in London
- Damages Claims under the Environmental Liability Directive
- Regulation & Product Liability : Preemption before the US Supreme Court
- Selecting and Managing a Virtual Law Firm to Handle Global Mass Tort Litigation
- Future Claims in an Uncertain World?
- Group Actions in the Sphere of Financial Services and Antitrust
- Emerging Global Risks : the Trends
- The Role of Tort Law in the US System : Environmental Claims and Antitrust Litigation
- Comparing Solutions : Liability and Regulatory Standards in the US and Europe
This series is kindly being sponsored by
A conference dinner will be held at The AthenÃ¦um Club in Pall Mall, London and will be £75 per person.
Click here to view the days full programme.
5.5 CPD points are available.
If you would like to receive updates on this and other Institute events, please sign up to this website.