2nd May 2019
Time: 14.15-18.00 (Registration from 13.45)
Venue: British Institute of International and Comparative Law, Charles Clore House, 17 Russell Square, London WC1B 5JP
In advance of the of 2019 London International Disputes Week, BIICL, in cooperation with the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC), is delighted to co-organise 'The Belt and Road Initiative and Global Dispute Resolution' London Forum.
The speakers will focus on the following three topics:
- Projects Dispute Resolution and BRI: Practice in China and the UK;
- Finance, Dispute Resolution and BRI: Practice in China, and the UK; and
- Global Dispute Resolution Update.
- Prof Spyros Maniatis, Director, BIICL
- H.E. Mr. Chengjie Wang, CIETAC
- Lord Nicholas Phillips, Former President of the Supreme Court of the UK; President, BIICL
- Mr. Audley Sheppard QC, Chairman of London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Prof. Dr. Malik R. Dahlan, Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies, Harvard University
- Ms. Xi Jin, CIETAC South China Sub-commission
- Mr. Wei Sun, Zhonglun Law Firm, CIETAC Arbitrator
- Ms. Sally Roe, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Prof Stavros Brekoulakis, 3 Verulam Buildings, QMUL
- Sir William Blair, Former Judge in Charge of the Commercial Court, London, 3 Verulam Buildings
- Prof Maxi Scherer, Professor of International Arbitration, QMUL
- Mr. Xiuming Tao, JunZeJun Law Offices, CIETAC Arbitrator
- Ms. Elizabeth Chan, Three Crowns
- Prof Yarik Kryvoi, Director, Investment Treaty Law Forum, BIICL
- Prof Loukas Mistelis, Director, School of International Arbitration, QMUL
- Dr. Xuehua Wang, Beijing Huanzhong Law Firm, CIETAC Arbitrator
- Mr. Adrian Hughes QC, 39 Essex Chambers
- Prof Chin Leng Lim, CUHK, Keating Chambers and BIICL
- Mr. Arthur Dong, Partner, Anjie Law Firm, CIETAC Arbitrator
Download the Programme
Join in the conversation @BIICL #BeltandRoad #DisputeResolution
Pricing and Registration
This event is free to attend, however, advance registration is required.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
This event offers the equivalent of 3 hours.
Photography and audio recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively, you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Carmel Brown in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our event cancellation policy.
Available for booking
You must be logged in to book an event.