31st May 2019
Time: 09.15-17.45 (registration from 08.45)
Followed by a drinks reception
Venue: British Institute of International and Comparative Law, Charles Clore House, 17 Russell Square, London WC1B 5JP
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
The British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL) is delighted to announce its prestigious WTO Conference. Established in 2000, the WTO Conference is one of the most important annual events in international trade law, addressing topical academic and practical issues. The conference will bring together leading academics and practitioners to explore emerging ideas and the most recent developments, at a critical time for international trade law.
The 2019 WTO Conference will examine the implications of recent global developments, including current challenges to multilateralism, regional and bilateral agreements and the intersection between trade and human rights. The unprecedented challenges in international trade law posed by the ongoing crisis at the WTO and by Brexit constitute an unparalleled opportunity to bring together worldwide expertise and innovative analysis.
- Professor Thomas Cottier, University of Bern
- Dr Isabelle Van Damme, Van Bael & Bellis
- Lothar Ehring, Directorate General for Trade, EU Commission
- Gabrielle Marceau, Senior Counsellor in the Legal Affairs Division, WTO
- Professor Julia Ya Qin, Wayne State University
- Victoria Donaldson, UK Department for International Trade Legal Advisors
- Yuka Kobayashi, SOAS University of London
- Dr Femi Amao, University of Sussex
- Christophe Bondy, Cooley LLP
- Robert Howse, NYU Law
- Kholofelo Kugler, Advisory Centre on WTO Law
- Maria Panezi, CIGI
- Deepak Raju, Sidley Austin LLP
- Aegyoung Jung, Chief Legal Advisor to the Director-General of WTO
- Dr Federico Ortino, King's College London and Clifford Chance
- Dr Lorand Bartels, University of Cambridge and Linklaters
- Professor Fiona Smith, University of Leeds
- Professor Andrew Lang, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Giorgio Sacerdoti, Bocconi University and former chairman of WTO's Appellate Body
- Dr Julinda Beqiraj, Bingham Centre for the Rule of Law, BIICL
- Dr Markus Gehring, University of Cambridge
- James Flett, Deputy to the Director, Trade Policy and WTO Team, European Commission
Download the Programme
Event convened by Héctor Tejero Tobed , Research Assistant in Public International Law, British Institute of International and Comparative Law.
Join in the conversation @BIICL #WTO2019
Pricing and Registration
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
Photography and audio recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively, you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Carmel Brown in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our event cancellation policy.