5th March 2019
Time: 15.00-18.00 (Registration from 14.30)
Event followed by a drinks reception
Venue: The Auditorium, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, Adelaide House, London Bridge, London EC4R 9HA
This conference will see a diverse range of panellists from industry, private practice, economists and regulators, discuss the key competition issues affecting the financial services sector in 2019, including:
- Topic I - Antitrust enforcement against individuals
- Topic II - Retail markets - vulnerability and switching
- Topic III - Wholesale markets - pervasive themes
Sheldon Mills, Director of Competition, Financial Conduct Authority
- Andrea Gomes de Silva, Executive Director, Markets and Mergers, UK Competition and Markets Authority
- Mukul Chawla QC, Chief Criminal Counsel, Partner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
- Miguel de la Mano, Executive Vice President, Compass Lexecon
- Helen Ralston, Principal, Oxera
- Andrew Breeze, Senior Legal Counsel, Competition Law, HSBC
Event convened by Dr Liza Lovdahl-Gormsen , Director, Competition Law Forum and Senior Research Fellow (BIICL) and Andrew Hockley, Head of Antitrust and Competition, Partner (Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner).
Join in the conversation @BIICL #CompetitionInFinServices
Pricing and Registration
This event is free to attend however pre-registration is required.
2.30pm - Registration
3.00pm - Keynote presentation and Q&A hosted by Sheldon Mills
3.30pm - Panel discussion I
4.30pm - Panel discussion II and III
6.00pm - Drinks reception
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
This event offers the equivalent of 3 hours.
Photography and audio recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively, you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Carmel Brown in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our event cancellation policy.
Available for booking
You must be logged in to book an event.