4th March 2019
Time: 18.00-19.30 (Registration from 17.30)
Event followed by a drinks reception
Venue: Withers LLP, 20 Old Bailey, London EC4M 7AN
Listen to the audio recording
BIICL Investment Treaty Forum in cooperation with Withers is organising a seminar on the relationship between treaties and custom in international investment law.
This event will bring together leading practitioners, government representatives and academics working in the area of investment treaty arbitration. The speakers will focus on the following topics:
- Jurisdictional matters, such as dual nationality and the exhaustion of local remedies
- Merits matters, such as the minimum standard in customary international law
- Treaty practice - coming full circle with customary international law?
A drinks reception will follow the event.
Professor Andrea Bjorklund, McGill University
- Hussein Haeri, Withers LLP
- Robert Volterra, Volterra Fietta
- Dr Mustaqeem De Gama, South African Mission to the WTO
Join in the conversation @BIICL #ITFLaw #ISDS
This event is now fully booked
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
This event offers the equivalent of 2.5 hours.
Photography and audio recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively, you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Carmel Brown in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our event cancellation policy.