6th February 2019
Time: 18.00-20.30 (Registration from 17.30)
Event followed by a drinks reception
Venue: Baker Botts LLP, 41 Lothbury, London EC4M 7AN
BIICL Investment Treaty Forum in cooperation with Baker Botts is organising a seminar on the law governing the annulment of arbitral awards in international investment law.
This event will bring together leading practitioners, public sector representatives and academics working in investment treaty arbitration. The speakers will focus on the following topics:
- Annulment regimes: ICSID Convention versus national arbitration laws
- Annulment for lack of jurisdiction: deference, characterization and consent
- Due process, failure to state reasons, serious irregularity and public policy
- Impact of EU law on annulment proceedings under the ICSID Convention and national arbitration laws
Dr. Johannes Koepp, Baker Botts
- Dr. Veijo Heiskanen, Lalive, Geneva
- Professor Luca G. Radicati di Brozolo, ArbLit, Milan
- Dr. Tim Rusche, European Commission, Brussels
Event convened by Professor Yarik Kryvoi, Senior Research Fellow in International Economic Law and Director of the Investment Treaty Forum.
Join in the conversation @BIICL #ITFLaw
Organised in cooperation with
This event is now fully booked
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team.
This event offers the equivalent of 2.5 hours.
Photography and audio recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively, you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Carmel Brown in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our event cancellation policy.