12th June 2015
Time: 09:00-17:00 (Registration 08:30)
Venue: Mannheimer Swartling, Norrlandsgatan 21, Stockholm
Pre-Conference Reception at the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce:
11 June 2015, 18:00
Brunnsgatan 2, Stockholm
RSVP information below.
What this meeting is about
This meeting brings together high-level speakers from government, business, academia and civil society to examine the European Union as an investment treaty actor. The day will include a keynote dialogue among members of the Swedish and European Parliament, as well as panels looking at the role of the European Commission in shaping the EU's investment treaties and the substance of the deals which Europe is negotiating. Among the central questions raised by this meeting is whether the investment chapters in Europe's treaties with Canada, Singapore and the United States (TTIP) are likely to be good for European economic growth or whether they are more likely to expose Europe and its Member States to a future of litigation from foreign investors.
- Freya Baetens, University of Leiden
- Colin Brown, European Commission, DG Trade
- Marc Bungenberg, Institute of European Studies, Saarland University
- N. Jansen Calamita, Investment Treaty Forum
- Christofer Fjellner, Member, European Parliament
- Andreas Hatzigeorgiou, Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
- Kaj Hober, University of Uppsala
- Catherine Kessedjian, University of Paris II (Panthéon-Assas)
- Jan Kleinheisterkamp, London School of Economics
- Annette Magnusson, Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
- Stormy-Annika Milder, Federation of German Industries
- Martins Paparinskis, University College London
- Jakob Ragnwaldh, Mannheimer Swartling
- Hans Stråberg, Atlas Copco AB
- Håkan Svenneling, Member, Swedish Parliament
- Christian Tietje, Martin Luther University of Halle
- Catharine Titi, Paris Center for Law and Economics, University Panthéon-Assas
- Elisabeth Tuerk, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
Download the Programme
Download the Event Flyer
This event is organised in association with
Pricing and Registration (required)
- Investment Treaty Forum Members: Free
- Others: £36 (Approx. 50 EUR)
To register for the 11 June pre-conference reception, RSVP by 8 June by clicking here
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team
Photography and audio recording
Please note that our events may be photographed or audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email BIICL Marketing Manager, Claudia Mansaray in advance of the event that you are attending.
Event Cancellation Policy
Cancellation by us
The British Institute of International and Comparative Law reserves the right to modify or cancel any event if unforeseen circumstances arise. If we cancel an event we shall inform you as soon as possible using the contact details provided to us and offer you a full refund.
Cancellation by you
All cancellations must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and be no less than one week prior to the event.
Payment for registration will always be required, and must be made prior to the event. If sufficient written notification of cancellation is received, a full refund will be given. If insufficient notice is given, payment for your registration will still be required.
No charge events
All events are costly to set up, even those for which there is 'no charge'. If you register but find you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible. As a charity we need to cover the costs of events, and we may charge you a fee of £10 for administration and catering costs if you fail to attend or give us less than 24 hours' notice.
By registering for an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood our cancellation policy.
11th May 2018 | LONDON
Thirtieth ITF Public Conference: Enforcement in International Investment Law
8th March 2018 | LONDON
ITF event: General Principles of Law in Investment Arbitration, and the Hierarchy of Norms under International Law
26th October 2018
SAVE THE DATE: International Conference: Law, Gender and Sexuality
2nd May 2018 | LONDON
The role of the private sector in fostering justice, peace and sustainable institutions
23rd April 2018 | LONDON
15th Annual BIICL International Mergers and Antitrust Conference