5th March 2015
Time: 18:30-20:00 (Registration begins at 18:00)
Venue: Allen & Overy LLP, 1 Bishops Square, London E1 6AD
This seminar addresses the European Commission's many roles in the creation and implementation of the EU's investment treaty policy. Speakers will address the Commission's role in (a) ongoing disputes, both as amicus curiae and as litigant, e.g., Micula v. Romania/Micula v. European Commission, (b) future disputes, pursuant to Regulation (EU) No 912/2014 and the EU's concluded investment chapters; and (c) treaty negotiations, particularly its relationship to other EU organs and civil society.
- Jeff Sullivan, Allen & Overy - The Commission's Role in Current and Past Disputes
- Tim Eicke QC, Essex Court Chambers - The Commission's Role in Future Disputes
- Jan Kleinheisterkamp, London School of Economics - The Commission's Role in the Negotiation of Investment Treaties
- N. Jansen Calamita, Investment Treaty Forum - Member States' Post-Lisbon Treaty Making and the Commission's Role
- Sir Frank Berman KCMG QC, Essex Court Chambers
This is an Investment Treaty Forum event and attendance is by invitation only.
For more information, contact Jansen Calamita, Director, Investment Treaty Forum.
23rd November 2017 | LONDON
The standard of review of national court decisions by investment tribunals
27th November 2017 | LONDON
40th FA Mann Lecture
4th December 2017 | LONDON
Harry Weinrebe Annual Lecture: Perspectives on 15 years in Business and Human Rights - and on where we may be going next
6th December 2017 | LONDON
16th Annual Review of the Arbitration Act
11th December 2017 | LONDON
Legal consequences of the separation of the Chagos Archipelago from Mauritius (ICJ Advisory Opinion)