5th March 2015
Time: 18:30-20:00 (Registration begins at 18:00)
Venue: Allen & Overy LLP, 1 Bishops Square, London E1 6AD
This seminar addresses the European Commission's many roles in the creation and implementation of the EU's investment treaty policy. Speakers will address the Commission's role in (a) ongoing disputes, both as amicus curiae and as litigant, e.g., Micula v. Romania/Micula v. European Commission, (b) future disputes, pursuant to Regulation (EU) No 912/2014 and the EU's concluded investment chapters; and (c) treaty negotiations, particularly its relationship to other EU organs and civil society.
- Jeff Sullivan, Allen & Overy - The Commission's Role in Current and Past Disputes
- Tim Eicke QC, Essex Court Chambers - The Commission's Role in Future Disputes
- Jan Kleinheisterkamp, London School of Economics - The Commission's Role in the Negotiation of Investment Treaties
- N. Jansen Calamita, Investment Treaty Forum - Member States' Post-Lisbon Treaty Making and the Commission's Role
- Sir Frank Berman KCMG QC, Essex Court Chambers
This is an Investment Treaty Forum event and attendance is by invitation only.
For more information, contact Jansen Calamita, Director, Investment Treaty Forum.
27th February 2018 | LONDON
UK-EU Dispute Resolution Post-Brexit: What role for the CJEU?
28th February 2018 | LONDON
Competition in Financial Services
8th March 2018 | LONDON
ITF event: General Principles of Law in Investment Arbitration, and the Hierarchy of Norms under International Law
13th March 2018
Constitutional Recognition of First Nations in Australia
27th March 2018
The Use of Force in Relation to Sovereignty Disputes over Land Territory