27th June 2014
International Tax Centre, Rapenburg, Leiden
This meeting is by invitation.
Please note that you cannot register for this event on the BIICL website.
For further information, please contact Ms Licette Claproth: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 71 5277713
The Europa Institute of the University of Leiden and the British Institute of International and Comparative Law annually organise a conference to discuss current developments in European Union Law.
This year will be the fifty-third Leiden-London Meeting; it will take place in Leiden on Friday 27 June 2014. The theme for the day is "Play by the rules" "But what are the rules?": A fresh look at competence in the EU legal order.
Speakers and Chairmen
- Professor Loic Azoulai, Professor of European Law, European University Institute, Florence
- Professor Jürgen Bast, Professor of Public Law, University of Giessen
- Professor Daniel Halberstam, Eric Stein Collegiate Professor of Law, University of Michigan
- Professor Margot Horspool, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Professor Sir Francis Jacobs, Professor of European Law, King's College, London
- Alison McDonnell, MA, Associate Editor Common Market Law Review, Europa Institute, Leiden
- Professor Niamh Nic Shuibhne, Chair of European Union Law, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Stefaan Van den Bogaert, Europa Institute, Leiden
- Professor Steve Weatherill, Jacques Delors Professor of European Law, University of Oxford
The final programme is available to view here
25th January 2018 | LONDON
ITF event: The Ne Ultra Petita Principle and International Investment Treaty Arbitration
31st January 2018 | LONDON
The effect of Brexit on the fight against economic crimes
28th February 2018 | LONDON
Competition in Financial Services
8th March 2018 | LONDON
ITF event: General Principles of Law in Investment Arbitration, and the Hierarchy of Norms under International Law
12th April 2018 - 13th April 2018 | LONDON
Short Course: Public International Law in Practice