27th June 2014
International Tax Centre, Rapenburg, Leiden
This meeting is by invitation.
Please note that you cannot register for this event on the BIICL website.
For further information, please contact Ms Licette Claproth: email@example.com or call +31 71 5277713
The Europa Institute of the University of Leiden and the British Institute of International and Comparative Law annually organise a conference to discuss current developments in European Union Law.
This year will be the fifty-third Leiden-London Meeting; it will take place in Leiden on Friday 27 June 2014. The theme for the day is "Play by the rules" "But what are the rules?": A fresh look at competence in the EU legal order.
Speakers and Chairmen
- Professor Loic Azoulai, Professor of European Law, European University Institute, Florence
- Professor Jürgen Bast, Professor of Public Law, University of Giessen
- Professor Daniel Halberstam, Eric Stein Collegiate Professor of Law, University of Michigan
- Professor Margot Horspool, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Professor Sir Francis Jacobs, Professor of European Law, King's College, London
- Alison McDonnell, MA, Associate Editor Common Market Law Review, Europa Institute, Leiden
- Professor Niamh Nic Shuibhne, Chair of European Union Law, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Stefaan Van den Bogaert, Europa Institute, Leiden
- Professor Steve Weatherill, Jacques Delors Professor of European Law, University of Oxford
The final programme is available to view here
23rd November 2017 | LONDON
The standard of review of national court decisions by investment tribunals
27th November 2017 | LONDON
40th FA Mann Lecture
4th December 2017 | LONDON
Harry Weinrebe Annual Lecture: Perspectives on 15 years in Business and Human Rights - and on where we may be going next
6th December 2017 | LONDON
16th Annual Review of the Arbitration Act
11th December 2017 | LONDON
Legal consequences of the separation of the Chagos Archipelago from Mauritius (ICJ Advisory Opinion)