AI & Data Worlds
AI and technology more broadly add an additional dimension to international law. Our aim is to partner with technology hubs in the UK and across the globe, looking at innovation models, exploring the policy issues and setting the parameters of the international and national regulatory contexts against which technologies are embedded.
- Use of Artificial Intelligence in Legal Practice
- AI Ethics and the Rule of Law: Business and Human Rights Considerations
- Disaggregation of Digital Information and Data Sovereignty Compliance
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Governance: A Business and Human Rights Approach
- Legal contestation of artificial intelligence-related decision-making in the United Kingdom: reflections for policy
- Regulatory challenges underlying FinTech in Kenya and South Africa
- Regulating FinTech: Lessons from Africa
Related Events and Training
- 20 July 2023 Dynamic Competition and Big Tech Mergers
- 26 June 2023 Is AI and Mass Data Sharing the Future of Legal Ideas?
- 26 May 2023 LawGPT?: Using AI to Modernize Judicial Systems, Legal Practices and the Future of Legal Work
- 26 May Symposium on 'Public and Private Governance of Cybersecurity: Challenges and Potential
- 28 November 2022 4th Annual BIICL/Linklaters Tech Antitrust Roundtable
- 8 June 2022 Law and Change: Smart Cities and Sustainability
- 11 April 2022 Business, Human Rights and Artificial Intelligence
- 15 March 2022 Revisiting: We, the Robots
- 8 March 2022 Law and Change: Smart Cities, Platform Economy and the Vulnerable
- 6 December 2021 Unintended consequences of the DMA - fragmentation across the EU
- 25 November 2021 Convergence and divergence in global data protection law
- 24 November 2021 Can regulation promote innovation and competition, while guarding against harms online?
- 9 November 2021 The Politics and Policymaking of Encryption
- 22 October 2021 Law and Change: Social Media
- 12 July 2021 Artificial Intelligence (AI), Trade, and the Rule of Law
- 8 June 2021 Damages Claims for Mass Data Breaches: UK and European Perspectives
- 11 May 2021 Applying Product Liability rules to online platforms
- 10 March 2021 Is the definition of a Gatekeeper in the DMA the right one?
- 24 February 2021 Contesting AI explanations in the UK
- 28 October 2020 The Rule of Law in the technological age
- 15 October 2020 Trade, Tech, and Artificial Intelligence: Exporting British Values?
- 23 - 24 July 2020 Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and the Law: Reimagining the New Roots of Environmental Law
- 22 June 2020 Artificial Intelligence: The Future of Regulation - A Conversation with Lord Clement-Jones
- 2 June 2020 Artificial Intelligence and Data Economy: A Business and Human Rights Approach
- 18 May 2020 COVID-19, Artificial Intelligence and Data Governance: A Conversation with Lord Tim Clement-Jones