Submissions to the ICLQ
PLEASE READ THE CRITERIA BEFORE SUBMITTING
The ICLQ welcomes the submission of contributions for consideration by the editors with a view to publication.
All manuscripts must be submitted online via the website: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/iclq.
Criteria for Submissions
The Board of Editors will only consider material which complies with the following:
- The submission should be an original, unpublished, work not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. Please note that our exclusive submission policy means you cannot submit your work to another journal until you have received a decision from us. If you would like to submit to another journal, you must withdraw your article from consideration by the ICLQ.
- The ICLQ publishes articles that deal with public international law, private international law, human rights law, comparative law and European Union Law. It particularly encourages the submission of innovative and original articles whose theme or content illuminate several of these subject areas. Articles which do no more than rehearse familiar and well-known material, or which are concerned only with national law (other than private international law) in a non-comparative way, should not be submitted.
- Long articles should not exceed 12,000 words, excluding footnotes. Pieces of up to 6,000 words will usually be considered for the 'Shorter Articles, Comments and Notes' section, which may secure earlier publication. The editors will decide on the section to which all contributions, irrespective of length, are best suited should they be accepted for publication. ScholarOne will require you to enter the word count (including footnotes) when submitting your article, and to indicate if you intend it for the 'Shorter Articles, Comments and Notes' section.
- Footnotes should be numbered consecutively through the article and be in the form normally used by the ICLQ. Please see the ICLQ Style Guide for further information. Footnoting should not be excessive.
- A short (50-100 words) abstract of the article should be supplied. We reserve the right to edit abstracts for length and style. Please also supply a minimum of five keywords (and a maximum of ten) for your article to enable digital searching.
- Authors should state their present academic or professional affiliation and indicate any professional or personal involvement in the subject matter of the article.
- The ICLQ only accepts submissions online via the ScholarOne platform. To upload your manuscript please go to: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/iclq. Detailed instructions for submitting your manuscript online can be found at the submission website by clicking on the 'Instructions and Forms' link in the top right of the screen; and then clicking on the 'Author Submission Instructions' icon on the following page. The Editor will acknowledge receipt of the manuscript, with a reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence.